Saturday, May 26, 2012

What a Difference a Day Makes

I have seen this photo around on Etsy and Pinterest and decided to make my own. I did it on Word (I really need to learn Photo shop). It was real simple, the only hard part was making it a jpeg. So I had to save it in Word as a PDF then I had to open it in Adobe and save it as a JPEG. The quality wasn't perfect but as soon as I learn Photo Shop I am sure I could do it better. OR if you had a photo printer at home you could just print it from Word on photo paper and be good.
Then I had it printed at Costco for $2, I painted the edges of my canvas to try and match the grey. I then mod podge the photo onto the canvas, let dry for 20 minutes. Then put a top coat of Mod Podge on top. Let it dry completely. Then I found some ribbon, stapled it on back and tied it at the top. I hung it from the ribbon but I also used Command Velcro to help take the weight off the ribbon


At the bottom it says
"What a Difference A Day Makes"
I put everyone birth dates and names in order of oldest to youngest.
I have also seen it without names just dates which was cute also
I blurred out our dates just for safety of course:)



Okay I tried my hand at photoshop and made this....what do you think????

2 comments:

  1. If you don't know Photoshop, how did you blur out the dates in your first photo? I think this turned out cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I can size images and blurr stuff but that is it. It took me 2 hours to do the bottom image, I HATE photoshop so complicated. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete