Thursday, March 22, 2012

Saving for Christmas

I know what you're thinking.....
What!!! Christmas in March?
But yes, I should have started in January, but I didn't think of it.
So here is my plan:
Get a Clear Container
Every Paycheck pull out $10, $20, $40 or more from the ATM or get Money Back from a store.
There is 17 paychecks, give or take until November 1, when we all start stressing about Christmas Funds.
Here is the good part
If you save $10 a paycheck by November 1 you will have $170. I know that doesn't sound like much but if that is all you can pull out then come November you will be that much ahead.
If you save $20 a paycheck by November 1 you will have $340, now that is looking better.
I am going to go for the $40 a paycheck and by November 1 I will have $680! And will 4 kids that will help a bunch (maybe my whole Christmas).

The trick is you HAVE to do it ON Payday. Take it CASH and put it where you can SEE it to remind you. I tried to find my pretty Christmas cup but it is buried in Storage. If you have one, even better it will help you remember WHAT you are saving for. I know it is hard but if I save in the Bank I have a HARD time taking it out or NOT using it for something else like car tires (boring).

Please share your creative Jars and where you are keeping it to remind you. Mine is on my nightstand.
If you don't mind tell us how much you are trying to save. And you know when you get that extra paycheck now and again, sneak some extra money for you Christmas Jar. Your family will thank you:)

 I know my jar is boring it was all I could find, but I will keep looking.
I know I only have $15 but that is cause payday is tomorrow and the $15 is what I got for selling some baby stuff. Every little bit help.

No comments:

Post a Comment