Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cupcake Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:
8 oz of cooked chicken, diced up ( I cheat and buy precooked chicken)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of your favorite frozen vegetable
1 cup or more of shredded cheese
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic salt
2 (10oz) cans of  biscuits
        *first time I used cheap small biscuits, they were a little small. Bigger biscuits would work better

Preheat oven 400
mix cook chicken, soup, frozen veggies, cheese and spices in large bowl
grease your muffin pan
place one biscuit in each muffin cup and spread up the sides
Spoon Chicken Mix in each cup
On a few of my muffins I added additional biscuits to the top and they worked great.
CHEESE the top:)

*Cooking With Kids*
Instead of mixing the frozen vegetables all together, Set aside another bowl, Have Kiddo's wash their hands. Dump the Frozen Vegetables in a big bowl. Have the kids pick out which vegetables they want in their cupcake. You can set rules, like you have to have 2 different Vegetables and a total of 7 or whatever. My little guy Loves peas so he loaded up his cupcake with peas. Me I am not a fan of green beans, so I picked out the green beans. This is great especially with kids who hate veggies (like my kids) Also anyone with sensory kids like me, the frozen veggies don't smell and are not squishy just cold. With all my years in OT therapy with my sensory kids, I've learned the more kids have control of their food, the more likely they will eat. After they have their veggies picked out have them (with clean hands) squish the veggies into their cupcake (good sensory play). Then put the toppings on, cheese or another biscuit.
After I cooked with the cheap small biscuits I thought oh you know what would have been fun? Take another roll of biscuits for the kids. Roll them out a bit and have the kids make shapes with cookie cutters or write their initials on their cupcakes so they know which one is theirs. I wish I would have done this last night, oh well next time and I will take pictures. Happy Cooking, Tamy



No comments:

Post a Comment